1.02.2007

Grains of the Golden Sand

Just something I was thinking about,
and had on hand






As long as it's Jan 2nd,
I'll add that I remember getting my hair cut twice on Jan 2nd - it must have been in '02 and '03. I also remember there was a blizzard one year. I think that was in '98. With plural feet of snow. It was also the birthday of one of my first homegrown pigeons. I named him Blizzard, even though she turned out to be a girl. She was one of the first pigeons in my first young bird flock.

They were flying in beautiful circles in a clear blue sky today. I wanted to take a picture or a video, but I didn't have my camera, and was in a truck with my aunt heading off to see my grandma. There are many things that I wish I could take pictures of and can't, so it's not worth getting upset about this. While I remember, I can see it in my head. And when I forget, I can't be upset about not remembering it. I like when they all turn the same direction, and how even though they are different colors, they can all turn white at once when they turn so you can see their bellies and underwings. It's easy to imagine that they are shining silver fish in a very clean ocean.


I think flying pigeons are one of the more beautiful things in the world.
If I can take a picture later like the one I wanted today,
I will put it here.

****
1/16/07

My brother has sent me pictures.



1 comment:

Churaesie said...

btw-
it says

so much communication is spent trying to find a way to keep the love we hold from running out between our fingers before we can give it away