3.20.2010

walls make categories

This post will probably only make sense to myself.
I am posting anyway because I need to process it. Perhaps someday I will find more readily human-intelligible words.



I need to remind myself to be entirely myself rather than assembling myself from various chosen categories (although, it is helpful to consult previously-established categories in creating myself).

I don't need to dig up my history in order to determine my present or my future.

I don't need to apologize, but to absorb, grow, and adapt.



Sometimes, I think that the way I try to be reminds people of categories that I didn't intend. And this sometimes concerns me when I realize that the way I choose to conduct myself can affect other peoples' categories as well. Some walls are good to cross, but sometimes walls are there for a reason. Some walls divide, others organize, others are practical. Some are wise, others are temporary.

I know that I sometimes draw lines in sands that didn't need to be divided. And, when waters meet over walls I thought I saw, and two categories seem to contradict, the only thing I know to do is learn.


and yet, this is the year of the Tiger, not the year of the Stingray.




a small basket of what I hope is helpful sanity:

A similar and helpful thought from Sam









No comments: