3.28.2007

Thumbs Up

One of my exceptionally charismatic professors walked into the math lounge to give me a 'thumbs up' which it took me a while to recognize since I was palm-on-forehead trying to make the square of a determinant work out to 720.

I hoped this is what it meant,
and later on I found out I was right:



yay! Passing the Qual! and
oh. yay - thesis proposals...
I feel as though I have proceeded through some rite of passage. My reward is to be granted another-

it is rather exciting right now anyway.
...

in the meantime:



there are beautiful things outside.

...and... I need to work on the midterm for previously-mentioned professor's class... /=|
but it's ok! because:

2 comments:

Rossy said...

1. you rock
2. that red and white piece of string on your last picture is a Martenitza, which I find immeasurably exciting. :)

Francesca said...

congrats, Tracy!!! rockin' indeed :)