2.22.2007

Tie Dye

(In which I develop a marketable skill...)


I like colors.

We did tie-dyeing in one of my high school art classes, and I used to make things for my friends.

At college,
I made these two shirts during freshman year for the Thanksgiving week Chemistry 'Lab'





The following year,
I missed attending the freshman lab due to other work or something like that and, wanting an excuse to tie-dye things, decided to follow through on my convictions that a bookstore such as ours ought to have tie-dye in it. So I emailed the bookstore and somehow convinced them that they should let me order quantities of dye through them and that they should pay me to do something I like: put colors on cloth.

The first batch of results:













That was last year.

And the bookstore managed to get rid of them and asked me to make replacements!

Here is this years' batch:







2 comments:

Schzamn said...

SWEET! colors! we lack those here. if you have an extra...i would like it. those look really good.

Anonymous said...

I should buy one of these colourful things.