2.01.2007

Plot[How are you(X(n)),{x,0,1}]

I have often found myself unable to coherently answer the question 'How are you,' since I seem to think either too much or too little about it.

fine
is always an acceptable response,
but is it true?

It seems like there should be, for any situation, an acceptably accurate status report response, but how many factors does it take into account? I find myself answering positively most of the time, which doesn't seem to convey much useful information considering that my response wouldn't change much unless I was being faced with something outlandishly horrendous. And even then. I'm still ok.

Considering that we are, in many ways, multi-dimensional beings,
it makes sense that a summary of how we are doing would inaccurately represent some components.

I think I have discovered the formula that I most commonly use when reporting on my condition. For possible inputs x, the functions {f1, f2, f3, ... fn} output a status condition for that dimension.
It seems that I tend to report the maximum value of these functions taken simultaneously.




(the 'y' axis is in degrees of 'goodness' and the 'x' axis is increasing time)

where the fn functions represent things like

f1(x) - ability to translate thoughts into music
f2(x) - ability to communicate effectively
f3(x) - Q/(mT) (heat energy)
f4(x) - ability to respond to external stimuli
f5(x) - 1/(d(me,God))
f6(x) - d(Outlook)/dt
f7(x) - |desire to go running|
....
and so on

2 comments:

Schzamn said...

f8(x)-ability to translate thoughts from morphing colors into a coherent explanation

Schzamn said...

haha, take THAT xkcd!