2.27.2010

I Have Tasted Air Above the Clouds - some quotes

This is not the way it's supposed to be, but this is the way it was.



Sybil

Apollo comes upon me too quickly -

I can't breathe

[...]

and now I am screaming, but it is his moan [...] I am saying his words, and the men are nodding, because I am a prophetess now.


I keep thinking of the fish ... and how they reached for the sea with their triangle mouths... If I were a fish, my gills would be pushing against the air.

I am screaming,
I am screaming like a fish in a net.


After the first time, I feel nothing,
and under the nothing, there is dirt.


I am a prophetess, and a priestess of Apollo - and men sail for hundreds of miles... to see - me !






Although it has broken me -- broken me and remade me -- part of me is not shattered. I protected my brother and Atta.

No comments: