2.01.2010

good to know

I'm tired. It's late. again. My small world is an island of illuminated table-top that recedes off into the fuzzy dark of time and space beyond.

I compulsively drink water out of a large library mug and use a certain set of songs to influence my consciousness and associated abilities. There is too much to do on all sides, and I am not doing it quickly or efficiently enough. There is a lot of future out there that I am unprepared for. I don't know where I'm going. I don't know if I will be proud of my work, or if I will have the resources to do work that I will be proud of. I cannot consume this avalanche of information, experience, and opportunity quickly enough.

But, although it sometimes seems like a treadmill, I am going somewhere.
And, in this margin between days, pressed among responsibilities on all sides, I am still functioning.
I think I feel happy.

This is good to know.

3 comments:

Earual said...

sometimes a slow trickle soaks in better than a flood (which might only cause erosion). but it sounds like you're keeping your head above water.

Churaesie said...

What did you say at the CoOp once?

I feel like am floating in a vast ocean, but I am buoyant!

That was great. I think about that a lot.

Churaesie said...

I have been reminded of this pertinent thing