4.22.2007

I got myself some flowers,

and played myself some music. And it's spring.






Lilacs in the spring and fireflies in the summer - two of the more eagerly awaited things in my life. The march of seasons has its main events and special attractions. Sadly, it might be my first summer missing the fireflies.




I'd told him about feeling like I must store up my memories now because it'll never be this way again, and in case I suddenly had to spend my life deep in a dark mud pit (or a metaphorical one...) and all I would have to sustain me were my memories.

It's not gonna be like that, he told me. Because you'll always have it - It'll always be that way - it's a conscious choice in how you see things.


I think he's right,
and even if I am left a pit,
by choice, I will still see beauty there.
They can't take it away from me because it's not things,
it's a choice.

Perhaps this is one reason why despite many other things, I consider this possibly the best spring semester I've had in the last... six years.

1 comment:

Churaesie said...

EDIT -
I DID go home during the summer

my fireflies found me