4.13.2007

haunted

(Feeling relevant to THIS)

I just got this DVD today:
A Long Walk Home

The girl on the cover looks so much like one of the girls - Muahe - from the school I worked at.



The only time I've seen the DVD so far is BEFORE we went to Cairo.
Now,
it occurs to me that if I watch it, I will likely see many people and places that I not only recognize, but count as home and family in another world.

You can't see it,
and I don't know how to show you,

but the worlds, so necessarily separate, are mixing and I feel like I am swimming in a swirling gap between them. This is not a pleasant swimming and I don't know which way to go. I hope I can trust the current.
Where is the bridge?

Her picture calls to mind the other faces that I might recognize.
I am almost afraid to watch this DVD.
And I am ashamed for it.

So of course, I must.

No comments: