9.21.2009

Other peoples' birthdays

I like other peoples' birthdays because on that day, you are allowed to show your appreciation and admiration for someone else by doing things for them, wishing them well, or giving them things that, based on knowing them during at least some of the other 364 days, they will enjoy having.

On other days, such things can sometimes seem out-of-place.

There are so many obstacles to communicating to people that they are loved. Even if I can learn the language (including not just words, but gestures as well) with which to say it so that they might understand, it can be hard to say in a way that will be accepted. Even then, I'm subtly ignoring the fact that it might even be hard to actually say - in any language.

One of the things that I am vaguely selfishly aware of having wanted for a long time, is the ability - the freedom - both to love someone and to tell them so - the satisfaction of feeling that I have been able to communicate to someone I love, how I love them - it is a gift that I would most like to give and to observe being opened. And further - to know that they understand how I love them.


There are some that do.

Interestingly,
I think they are the ones who would know anyway.

No comments: