9.25.2009

Mistakes

Mistakes I have made:

1) Assuming that people I want to learn from are willing or able to teach

2) Assuming that people who are teaching know the best way for me to learn

3) Waiting for other people

4) Thinking that others might wait for me

5) Denying or delaying my own interests/abilities for the perceived sake of others

6) Refusing to defend myself from people who love me

7) Refusing to defend myself from people I love

8) Hoping that others might be willing to make such mistakes for my sake

9) Thinking that I was right

10) Thinking that I was wrong

11) Assuming that if a person knows me closely, they necessarily also know me well.

12) *Listening to others (more than to myself)

13) Not knowing what to say when I hear things that I don't believe to be true.

14) Thinking that if someone does not think well of me, that there is something I can do better or differently to gain their esteem.

15) Thinking that someone(14) did not think well of me

No comments: