9.29.2009

Love & Loss

a modified message to a friend, and partly a message for my present and future self as well:

Probably largely because I am in a personally healthy place right now,

I think that from where I am, I can say that I think it's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.

It is certainly inconvenient sometimes, and certainly can seem senseless, but I think I am glad for having the opportunity to experience a depth of that aspect of humanity.



If I were not doing well now, I would probably think otherwise.
So, keep taking care of yourself, and making good decisions for you, and then (to whatever degree you felt like you loved/cared ) you will probably also be able to stand somewhere in the future and be glad for the experience.

I don't think you really need to hear this, but -
Take care of yourself now - by continuing and developing and moving forward with who you want to be -
and the future will be good too.

No comments: