10.23.2007

I Had A Dream,

I say to you today dear friends, that in spite of my general inability to recall them,
that last night, I had a dream.

I had a dream,
that I returned to my homeland in Wisconsin to find the land covered in snow and the roads partially plowed.

I had a dream,
in which my family had, in my absence, acquired a system of transportation to suit the snowy weather. Ordinary bicycling was out of season.

Brothers and sisters,
I had a dream last night,
that the sensible alternative transportation was to adjust your bicycle by hitching a team of adorable sled kittens to the front fork. They were cuddly and soft. They work just like sled dogs, but they are much smaller.

It did not occur to me
until I had been awake for at least several minutes and was brushing my teeth in the bathroom, that a team of sled-kitties hitched to a bicycle is not a normal mode of transportation.

1 comment:

Schzamn said...

wait... it's not?