9.13.2007

Such stuff

I may revoke these statements, but for now,

We live off of dreams.

We don't live in reality.

If we did,
we wouldn't fall in love
we wouldn't be idealistic
we wouldn't be nostalgic

We live in our imagined hopes
(so rarely does the real world conform)

But as we dream,
And as we live on dreams,
we live on the hope that the things we imagine can someday be real,
(or that they were)
and the faith that the work we put in will be worth it.

And even as I say this,
I still feel attached
to the future I could imagine
(be it dim-lit and flickering from fear of watching)

3 comments:

Churaesie said...

if a person could know his or her future, do you think he or she would attempt to change it?


Sometimes I think that even if I knew the future, the pre-impression would render me powerless to enact any diverging future. I would watch it happen. I've done this.

Churaesie said...

Sometimes,
they give you a ticket and tell you to go live.

...& it sounds so exciting, but part of you doesn't really want to go...

Go on!
Say goodbye!
Everything is saying goodbye to you! You might as well be polite!

And say hellow to all the new things greeting you in the next instant!

Oh, sometimes it gets exhausting,
but here we go!

We're living!



Oh my life is changing everyday
Every possible way
Though my dreams, it’s never quite as it seems
Never quite as it seems

Churaesie said...

What happens to a dream deferred?