7.14.2007

Religious Views:

I never know what to put when something (like facebook...)
asks me to fill in my religious views.

Christian?
The name was given to the early followers of Christ - Little Christs they called them. It was a derogatory term.
I like Christ.
I don't mind being associated with Christ.
But I don't know about being associated with a lot of the Christians out there.

A lot of people who say they're following Christ don't look like they're going anywhere. I think I know where he's going. At this point, my lack of following is more of a willful ignorance. So I don't know if I can call myself a Christian if I'm not in some active apprenticeship of sorts.

One of my friends won't call himself a Christian because he doesn't want people to think that he's just another one of them. He refers to himself as an Adherent of Jesus Christ. Most people think that this is some crazy fundamentalist sect.

This same friend has also come up with a name for other believers whose faith and following he respects. He calls them Encouragers. I have been called this.
I don't feel very encouraging right now either, since I myself am stalling.

But,
I think I believe this. It is not a complete portrayal, but if you wanted to name my theology, perhaps this would not be too far off:



Thanks, Lifehouse.
This has been a good reminder.

3 comments:

7ucker Barrie said...

sybling wierdness!!

Schzamn said...

(not tucker)
i second and first that.

Kelvin said...

I've been toying with the idea of PROTESTant, but I'm not so sure about it. Looks cool though.