7.27.2007

Gold Fish and Bananas

I was walking during lunch break the other day when I saw a goldfish cracker lying on the road, twitching slightly because it had a bristle of ants for a mohawk.

I'm almost embarrassed to report that one of my first thoughts was about writing a blog post in which I (so cliche...) describe how many puny ants working together can move something great, and OH if only we humans would put our strengths to use, throwing our ant-ly lives together towards a common cause!
(I'm sure you've never heard that one before)

Come on, I chided my own thoughts, It's JUST a goldfish cracker.


Just a goldfish cracker.


My mind had not yet released the metaphor
Great, I thought. How many causes toward which I throw my life will end up being just goldfish crackers?
This troubles me slightly.
I have so much life and yet,
too little to waste on a metaphorical goldfish cracker.

(No offense intended toward goldfish crackers)


(the whole thing also reminded me a bit of this)



The top part says,

The Collective Consciousness of society that creates many a golden banana that you can never quite reach.

No comments: