12.03.2006

Pierrot's Moon



After seeing Reed thesis performance Pierrot and the Moon by the illustrious Mr. Owicki, I wrote in my notebook:

I have a title
I wish to find the photo
it is
"Pierrot's Moon"


Fortunately, I'd taken pictures of the moon just earlier that night...
It was shining through a cloud, with interesting effects.



Pierrot and the Moon consisted of a short skit followed by back to back performances of Pierrot of the Minute by Ernest Dowson and Pierrot Dandy and the Moon by Dieter Bassermann. The development of some particular images through these three performances was very powerfully done.
I would really like to find the entire scripts.

I heard this music long ago, I know not where.





How wan and pale do moon-kissed roses grow

(O, Rose, thou'rt sick!)

Moon-kissed mortals seek in vain
to posess their hearts again




Dream,
thou has dreamed this
yet when thou wake,
be sorrowful,
for dream's sake

It is so hard to be given such a gift,
and be unable to give anything in return,
except thanks.





When, be it soon or late,
What Pierrot ever escaped his fate?

1 comment:

Rossy said...

!! Tracy. I didn't see you there, but I was thinking of you when watching this play and really wishing you could see it.