12.25.2006

Happy Hollandaise

Ah, it's Christmas morning.

We got late start to the morning.
I didn't get any brother-sized shapes poking me out of bed until almost 8am.

I contributed to my part of making the world a better place by taking a shower. Apparently I missed Mom opening her gift of toothpicks, Sam being awarded one minus-present point for not knowing where the camera was, and Eric being given a Christmas face-squish from Dad.

Apparently, we're combining traditions for Christmas and Easter. No more "stockings" - or whatever. This year, we had Christmas socks! .. but we had to look for one of them among the other clean socks on the couch.

Then we received our Christmas rations of 1/3 cup of water.
(ok, ok, it was to take with some vitamins)

Dad wanted to know who had the Sharpie last because he wanted to write on the plastic cups, so for the rest of the morning, as presents were unwrapped, much attention was paid to who had written who's name in what kind of marker. We suspect that Sam was the last one to have the Sharpie.

Dad clocked the gift-unwrapping phase at approximately 1.5 hours.

The title of this post is inspired by the sauce cookbook I got for my Dad.

Apparently, someone got us a membership to the Ice Age trail. So we're going to go on a Christmas walk to claim it for our own. ha ha ha.

When people get you clothes, you have to wear them
toothpicks, you have to offer them to other people
sauce books..
Well, let's go make some sauce!

Merry Birth of Christ

1 comment:

Churaesie said...

Overhearing my brother playing Halo on Xbox Live

This isn't killing... it's slaughtering! On Christmas! Oh, I feel so bad!

I'm so sorry! It's Christmas!
Merry Christmas!
killing spree!