11.08.2006

More Stories about Cairo

I wrote an article to the Quest about my summer in Cairo, the full text of which can be found HERE. But for further information and some context, I'd like to offer the following links.

  • The Art of Flight, a video made in Cairo about the refugee situation several years ago. There is a direct reference to ArbaA Wa-Noos which is the slum that I worked in. Based on what I saw, it seems like good reporting, and offers a lot of good information on what is practically happening.


  • My Journal updates from this summer (main links are to the Global Urban Trek: Cairo blog)

  • June 25 We are Refugees - (or here at the InterVarsity site)

  • God has Delivered us into Egypt - (or here at the InterVarsity site)

  • July 3 Walk Like an Egyptian - (or here at the InterVarsity site)

  • July 12 City of the Sun (or here at the InterVarsity site)

  • July 18 News! From the Outside! (or here at the InterVarsity site)

  • July 31 Leaving on a Jet Plane - (or here at the InterVarsity site)


  • The following are updates which did not make it onto the InterVarsity site. I am a little upset about this, since I think they contain some information that really needs to get out there. I term them 'Retro Updates' since I finished them once I got back to the States

  • begun July 21 Religion and Some Politics

  • continued Political Floccinaucinihilipilification or a ground-level view of the UNHCR in Cairo

  • started July 10 O-h-n Spells 'Cat' or ... Figuring out What we Actually DID.

    Relevant Links from the bottom of my Article

  • Tukul Crafts, self-reliance for refugees in Cairo (I want the bookstore to carry some of these items).

  • A Long Walk Home – short documentary done by last year's trek, hopefully coming soon to an MRC near you.

  • The Lost Boys
    and the film

  • Article about Mokattam, the Garbage Village





  • Thankyou for listening to a story that I'm carrying for others
    since they are not here to tell you themselves.

    No comments: