9.24.2006

What it boils down to

So I've decided that it is possible to let ideas simmer too long.
I have several drafts saved that are just a couple of ideas scattered on the screen that I wanted to save to write about more completely when I had time. They will probably appear as coming before this post because of that, even though I will obviously finish writing them sometime after this post. I sort of thought that by this weekend I would have some of that time. I was wrong. I should've remembered that I'm in college. I'm currently struggling to keep my head near enough to the surface to catch a breath now and then, and I think I will spend this week doing the same. I'm nearly caught up with my work, and what a surprising feeling that will be when I get there. In the meantime, I hope I don't become uninterested or too distanced from the things I intended to write about because then they will feel like more of a chore, I won't explore the ideas fully, and I'm sure it will be less interesting to read about. I hope I get them before they boil down to a basic sludge.

I'm posting this as a reminder that my posts will probably be written either all at once, or rather far removed from when they were first considered. I hope to catch my ideas while they're still distinct and have some texture worth describing out to some kind of conclusion.

There are so many things I have to do, it's making time go by a little faster than I'd like. I'll just have to notice the individual moments a bit more.

There are so many things I want to do separate from my classes.
Writing is just one of them.
School is getting in the way of my learning...

At least I will always have my homework to keep me warm.
Stacks of freshly-printed papers have a surprising amount of heat.

Time, I guess.
Use it how you will, however you think of it.
I suggest Einstein's Dreams by Alan Lightman.

And now I've got more homework, so the bait that I have sitting out for myself of earning some time with my own thoughts will have to stay on that back burner.
Oh, Entropy.

Later, I will attempt to defy Tom Stoppard
by stirring these things apart.

No comments: