4.26.2010

accompaniment

There was a get-together of the choir last night. I went for the sake of friends. There was impromptu singing, even in barbershop style, and I loved it. These things don't happen enough. There was also a quadruple chocolate cheesecake. That was also fantastic.

Somewhat as a joke, one of my housemates started singing the first line "On Top of Spaghetti" and I harmonized.

How did you know to sing that harmony? He asked. As usual, I didn't answer well.

That's what I do. Sing harmony.
If I can anticipate the melody and if I know the words, I can come up with a harmony.
(I was cut off for a while, so I'm a bit out of practice, but it can come back)


Few people know this because few people will give me someone to sing with.

Few people know I can be a good tango follow because few people lead.




I sing harmony with myself and with YouTube and began learning to lead so that I don't have to wait for others.

No comments: