8.16.2009

memento photos

In the movie Memento, the main character suffers short-term memory loss, and so has developed a few ways of allowing himself to function in the real world.

One of these methods is to take photos of people he interacts with. He keeps the photos and writes a few words of description on the photo. When he meets a person, or if a person seems to know him, he consults his photos to see if he should know the person, how he can expect the person to treat him, and whether he can trust the person.


Of the people you know,

Who would you take photos of?
What would you want to remember of them?
What description would you write on the photo as a preface to any future interactions?

2 comments:

Ken said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ken said...

did I say all of that ?? oops .. regrets ... so much for "cut & paste" ...

COMMENT ...

currently, I do not take photos, but I have managed to collect photos of individuals with whom I have shared a moment of musical enjoyment ... most of whom I remember ... some have titles supplied by others ... I include them in the play books I carry with me ... some do need to be appended ... I'll have to do that.

If I were to branch out .. I suppose I would like to have photos of those that have encouraged me along the way .. or those I suspect I have encouraged ... perhaps a note as to the particular encouragement enjoyed ...