7.12.2009

only consequences

About two years ago, as I considered how to make decisions and carry out actions, I felt myself being slowly paralyzed as my mind began to see more and more clearly the thought:

There is no good or bad - only consequences

I felt a paralyzing fear that this might be true.
I have been grappling with this in various ways for almost two years and I think I have finally come to terms with and even feel somewhat comfortable with this idea.

Who knows if it's right.
You could probably argue a lot regarding what this must mean for my ethical/moral condition or something.

For now I will choose to think that it this means I am less subject to thinking of how I should or shouldn't be doing something and more comfortable with making choices and proceeding to manage the consequences of my choices. Rather than considering what the 'right' decision is, I feel more comfortable considering the consequences of various options and choosing which consequences I would like to continue with.
I think there is something very good about this.

No comments: