1.18.2008

Awake,

Hibernation is a covert preparation for a more overt action.
-Invisible Man, Ralph Ellis

No more red balloons,
no more incubation,
I'm awake.


No more rolling about like a cannonball on Rosencrantz and Guildenstern's ship.
I've done enough damage by passivity.
No more eating truth off of the ground like a stingray.
I've spent enough time in the mud.
Blindness and bottomfeeding can inhibit the ability to look up.


I find myself feeling suddenly capable,
having a sense of direction and a measure of endurance.
With this knowledge, I have some responsibilities to take.
I've got a person to be.

Someone has pulled back a curtain on a big picture that I've been oblivious to.
Keep to the small, see the big picture, don't drop the oil in the spoon.

I have let myself be taken captive for too long by tasks in dreams that, after 30 seconds of consciousness, are clearly not real.
I think I am at last awake.


Every day, I will go to bed happy because I have worked and lived

Have you noticed that the air often seems clearer after a storm?

The cure for passion is eternity

No comments: