6.17.2007

Since May

(This post is blocked like the rest of the blog, with most recent material on top)
(to be edited...)

***6.16.07***

During my stay in California,

I visited the Pacific Aquarium and saw this fantastic creature:



I visited the house of swarming puppies



and CalTech









This unearthly blinding portal seems to be following my world like a subtle knife...
Perhaps I should try approaching it next time.



This is the Portland I discovered upon my return



This blog has now spanned 2 trips to California.


***06.02.07***
Alumni Reunions Weekend

observed by these clouds





Oh, Reedies:



and they looked to me like armies of fireflies,
tiny pins of light in speeding clouds






***perhaps a week later***


Not long after, I was biking home and just turned the corner when on the trail ahead of me,




The sky between the trees yawned open into brilliance






unobscurable brilliance








It seemed reasonable
that this time, the often-walked trail might have at its crest an entry to another world.

And I wasted my chance with photographs

the sun removed itself from the perfect window, back to its proper place, sinking in the sky as I finally walked my bike toward it.



And, speeding home over the gravel,
I considered what an adventure it would be, after having lived so much,
at last to die



I'm sure such thoughts are biased by the brilliance I'd witnessed
and if I were actually dying,
the toll it would take on my body might make me feel differently. I suspect it will not be like walking into a sunset.

But there come those times when I feel so full of alive, that dying doesn't seem much different.


***05.18.07***



The clouds just before sunset were amazing.



but,
turns out the sky was on fire.



of course we had to take pictures of it









***later***

I like this trio of flowering trees.



This is a rough approximation of what I wanted to post
In the mid-afternoon, the sun comes through in such a way as to specially descend upon these trees. But I was never there with a camera at the right time.


05.15.07***

























***05.14.07*** Commencement



This made me feel rather detached.























I suppose these commencement photos are conspicuous by their lack of... people (excepting the stiltwalkers in the previous one).

***05.13.07

The inside of my door:

















and a note I got a while ago



which has come true

***05.11.07

Tessa Hulls painted this mural as part of her Thesis





She also has a mural in one of the bathrooms, inspired by Jack Kerouac’s
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”



***05.05.07***

Lawn Party

















And a Gentlemanly game of Badminton

2 comments:

Schzamn said...

hehe, TC looks right at home in that game of badmitton

Schzamn said...

the brilliance is so great! that is generally the point where i start looking around for portals.