6.23.2007

Chai Tea and Tai Chi

I have successfully produced an imitation of the delicious beverage which first gave me any reason to appreciate tea.

Chai!
here is the recipe I used

except we decided to add a clove.

My greatest discovery was that the smell I remember so distinctively from good chai comes from cardamom.

My version is not perfect by any means - there is much room for improvement -
But when I master the chai tea, I will have achieved another level of self-sufficientness, and will feel even more invincible. Now that I have ample ingredients, tea/coffee shops will have no power over me.
...Not like they did before, but sometimes their offerings of chai seemed rather attractive (In which case I would pretend that they didn't use milk).


Tangentially, I started taking Tai Chi as a PE class because the other class I was interested in was filled, and when I read Tai Chi in the course offerings, I thought of the Simpsons episode - I think the Powder Blue Crayon episode - in which, when Homer asks Lisa how she relaxes, she responds oh, you know, chai tea... tai chi... but I never really knew what tai chi was. Here was my chance to find out.

Having taken it, I declare Tai Chi to be awesome, wonderfully relaxing
and, greatly entertaining.



On an unrelated note,
My roommate and I have suddenly realized that the internet will not always belong to us. Someday, the next generation - perhaps our children - will inherit the tubes and omg what if they find our old LJs? Unless they do some kind of massive system memory wipe, the things we write now (and eventually forget about, or forget passwords to) so will be accessible by our kids
weird.

2 comments:

Churaesie said...

I think I love cardamom

Schzamn said...

i must learn tai chi now.