6.29.2007

Reality Check

A friend of mine told me about a plot with someone else to buy matching tshirts and stand around like those environmental or political canvassers, but with a different message.

Excuse me sir, what delusions do you have at this time?

If you have a moment Ma'am, what script are you enacting today?

What role are you trying to fill?

What spots of reality are you avoiding?


I told her about my plan to make a desk calendar that would ask you a different thoughtful question everyday. The idea is that it would be a tool for people to think around their current world with, enabling some interesting conclusions and conceptual developments.


I should note that,
whatever happens and however I deal with it,
that is reality, and there is something true to be learned from it.

I have always found reality to work out when given a chance. We are always finding new or previously avoided aspects of reality, and incorporating these into our present understanding is often difficult. But so long as we keep incorporating, I don't think we'll be disappointed. And when we inevitably are, because it takes us time to process these things, I don't think we'll stay disappointed. There is so much to learn.

1 comment:

Schzamn said...

i feel like i should be trying to draw this.