5.30.2012

All Summer and the day after

"I think the sun is a flower, that blooms for just one hour."
- All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury

I think, that like many natural phenomena, human beings go through
periods of extension followed by the necessary contraction, followed
by the rebounding expansion, and so on.

It sometimes seems like every 10 or 12 months, I get a really good
month. That isn't a bad ratio.

I think I feel sometimes, that my time for expansion is beginning to
cool, and it is time to contract once again. I think I feel a little
disappointed, as though the opportunity to stretch and grow came, was
hobbled, and is now passing. There certainly were good parts, and I
have been accomplishing my missions, but it doesn't feel like the kind
of full stretch that it seems it could have. I will have to begin
gathering my energies for the next one. I look forward to a little
shade and quiet.

No comments: