5.09.2007

Hedgehogs, Yeti & Raptor

Hedgehogs protect themselves by using elastic-like side muscles to pull their loose prickly back around them, similar to a drawstring on a hoodie.

When they are attacked, they tuck themselves inside, becoming a pincushion from nearly every angle. But if the attack persists, the hedgehog may become injured or fatigued and physically unable to keep his drawstring tight around him which leaves his soft underbelly open and helpless.

Sometimes I wonder whether the hedgehogs hold out, straining against their own physical exhaustion and inability until they are over come and their life is eaten away, or whether - in the final moments - they ever decide that they cannot hope to survive the attack and allow themselves to relax. I wonder if it is peaceful.



And,
Yeti and Raptor can be best friends


And,
give me a kitchen, bluegrass, and people I love.
I have them for a little longer.