5.03.2007

Feliz Tres de Mayo

to me.

This is the 1 year anniversary of what I consider to be my personal emancipation day. I am constantly struggling to remember and to use the freedoms I have.

In honor of (I don't want to call it an 'Independence Day'... and 'Freedom day' sounds too trite) Yom Talata, I'm posting some drawings I made before and after going to Cairo.

Happy Dreitag.


A few days before leaving for Cairo:




Upon my return, ~5 weeks later:





and now:



It is difficult to remember sometimes.
I haven't walked through all the walls I could've,
and I must be more careful about the manner with which I disregard some.
Sometimes people don't expect it.
Sometimes I don't expect it.
Sometimes I keep my walls because they make sense to me somehow.

But, I'm still trying. I go in and out of my cages. I forget and remember again.
But, I'm trying.
I've been trying.
I will keep trying until I can recognize the illusions,
and see through them to my fellow human beings, the way God sees them, on the other side.

And there won't be sides anymore.

1 comment:

Schzamn said...

I really like this post