6.10.2012

To Light, as seen through the bushel

(In the way that a leaf or a twig carves a path through the stream)
I am a sculpter (and a sculpture)
of time.

I am a time sculpter
a reorganizer
a gatherer

I am the shepherd's apprentice
of fireflies
and the little light they carry

I love the dragon that sleeps in the earth

The sun scattered across the water
The breath that spreads a smile from its first to final
The voice that echoes in the stars
The wind that makes a lifeless banner dance
The reflection in the mirror of the sky

I used to love the edges
since they gave the light a stage to dance

But, I am learning to love the light.

When I learn to love the blinding sun from which it comes,
I will know everything and nothing

I will know when we finally peek
around the corner
we will see not a man behind the curtain
but come face to face with ourselves.

I delay, because then there will be nothing left
… and everything

(We will dissolve like birds in the throne room)
Never a clearer mirror

No comments: