11.30.2007

UnCommon Conversation

Two days ago,

Our paths merged on the library stairway

tentative eye contact, then the common greeting
How're you doing?

(pause)
better

...yeah, that's how I feel, too

good. It's about time...

yeah, before was worse

I know... I felt like that for a while

It really sucked when it was worse!

But now is hopeful

yeah!

(pause for relieved and mutual-understanding laughter)

...wow, I'm really glad.. this has been -

- .. the best conversation I've had all day.

(grin)

bye

bye!



And we went again our separate ways through separate doors.

2 comments:

Churaesie said...

In other news,
Anberlin's album
Never Take Friendship Personal
played straight through
has been entirely appropriate this morning.

Churaesie said...

Also,

The future is yawning in front of me again and the open air against my face as I approach its gaping maw is exhilarating, fascinating, and trepidatious.

I stand on the prow and pole myself forward in my own river-boat.



Eyes open, mouth empty,
no black dogs,
whether Jordan or the Styx,
I'll see when I reach the other side.